So I riveted the leading edge while the Aileron was braced and flat on the table. However, when I put it on the wing, I was disappointed to see there was about a 3-4mm deflection.
I went ahead and drilled out the rivets and reached out to Jean if he had any tips.
Of course he did!
He suggested doing one rivet at a time, starting in the center of the Aileron.
With 1 rivet done in the center, I was still able to adjust for any twisting, but it was a bit more difficult to move.
I then reamed the holes to the left and right of the center rivet and riveted those holes.
I checked alignment again and it was still spot on. I continued the process of reaming out and riveting from the center and the Aileron stayed aligned!
Once that was done, I fit it to the wing and ran into the issue of the outer rivets rubbing against the wing bracket. Jean said that sometimes the wing brackets are a bit under bent. The real fix is to bend the wing bracket inward.
However, after a few hard pushes, there wasn't anyway I was going to be able to budge that thing.
So, I settled on adding 2 regular sized washers in between the aileron and wing bracket to allow for adequate spacing.
Now it moves quite well!
I measured the aileron movement and it looks like I have approximately 26 degrees deflection in either direction.