I spent some time this weekend thoroughly reading through the manual and decided to give the horizontal stabilizer a shot. I wanted to make sure all the parts fit and see where I might need to do any match drilling.
To my surprise, it came together rather quickly!
For someone who hasn't done this before, reading the instructions the first time, I put together the HS in about 2 hours from start to finish.
Putting on the skins, I identified only a few areas where it might get tricky, but I don't think I'll need to do any match drilling. Most of the holes lined up perfectly!
Now that I have a good idea of what needs to be done, I'll be disassembling and getting the parts ready for dimpling and priming.
I ordered a C-frame dimpler and should arrive next week.
I also set up an appointment with a local EAA Technical Counselor to get acquainted and start the process.
I took my 7 month old Co-Pilot and Wife to the Livermore AOPA Fly-In today.
It sure was hot out there, but otherwise, great flying weather.
Was happy to see N135WT again and met up with Wayne (the plane’s owner) and Jean.
Really cool to see other planes out there you only see in magazines. Draco, Velocity aircraft, Barracuda, RV-10 and of course the Sling TSi. ;-)
I'm so excited to finally receive my first shipment!
It's starting to feel real - it's been 3 months since I put down the deposit for the kit.
Now the fun begins...
I spent the first hour or so reorganizing the garage to create a workspace.
Then finally cracked open the box and started the process of inventory. Checked off all those boxes!
Now things are neatly organized by tail section, I am shopping for the ILS/VOR antenna and the tail position light.
I went ahead and purchased the Aveo PosiStrobe MiniMax™ DayLite Red.
Still looking into the antenna options.
Now to educate myself on all the different priming options!