It finally felt like I made some good progress today!
After spending hours dimpling, cleaning, degreasing, and priming.. it finally came to the point where the parts were ready to put permanently in place.
It was a bit nerve wracking the pulling the first rivet, I must have checked the plans at least 5-6 times to make sure I knew exactly what to expect. Of course, after a dozen or so rivets, things got into a good rhythm and I started to trust myself. The Milwaukee Rivet Gun makes this process really easy, great suggestion from other builders!
I was quite happy that there were only 5 or so holes on the rear channel that needed to be enlarged with a chucking reamer.. just off by a hair. Enough the rivet couldn’t easily drop in.
It also helped that I had my project manager and quality control person keeping me on track. Thanks Son! Our flying adventures are still on track thanks to your motivation. ;-)
I did find out that I forgot to order the right sizes countersink bit. As soon as that comes this week, I can finish up the ribs and work on applying the Horizontal Stabilizer skins.