I spent some time this weekend thoroughly reading through the manual and decided to give the horizontal stabilizer a shot. I wanted to make sure all the parts fit and see where I might need to do any match drilling.
To my surprise, it came together rather quickly!
For someone who hasn't done this before, reading the instructions the first time, I put together the HS in about 2 hours from start to finish.
Putting on the skins, I identified only a few areas where it might get tricky, but I don't think I'll need to do any match drilling. Most of the holes lined up perfectly!
Now that I have a good idea of what needs to be done, I'll be disassembling and getting the parts ready for dimpling and priming.
I ordered a C-frame dimpler and should arrive next week.
I also set up an appointment with a local EAA Technical Counselor to get acquainted and start the process.